Saturday, April 9, 2011

New Reveals & New Swap Announcement

There are some really great altered matchboxes being posted in my new flickr swap group. You can visit by clicking on the sidebar image, announcing the next swap, Treasures of the Sea.Imagine the possibilities!!!
This group is open to all US and Canadian swappers (sorry, it's a cost of postage barrier). Join us and give it a try. They're small, fun and very addictive!

The super talented Lynn, of
Trash to Treasure Art,
was my more than generous partner in our current Things With Wings swap.Isn't that a stunning box? I can't believe the amount of goodies she managed to cram in there. And the tag and butterfly were unexpected extra-special gifts!

Jeanie, of All My Art was the winner of my blogiversary giveaway and I can now reveal what she won. This is one of the large matchboxes that I covered in burlap. It's kind of an interesting display. I didn't know where it was going when I started but it kind of came together nicely. Lots of ribbons and trims, glass beads, metal beads, tulle, real bird feathers, a vintage miniature nest and bird, even a stick.. a little jute fringe trim on the sides, and hopefully lots of things Jeanie will have fun with...

17 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Congrats Jeannie, that was a very generous haul!

Dorthe said...

Wonderfull things recieved and given- such great items,and the boxes are wonderful--congratulations-I`m sure it was fun.
Hugs,Dorthe

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hello JoAnne...what a charming idea to alter a wee match box! Would I be luck enough to be able to join your next swap? I am a member of the Blissful ATC group and a very reliable swapper.
I hope to hear from you...until then...my head will swim with nautical ideas...
Karla

Ann said...

ALL SO LOVELY! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Anonymous said...

These are so gorgeous! I really love the whole theme on your burlap box. So sweet.

Terry said...

Wow! Beautiful to receive and to win! Have a lovely weekend!

Becs said...

Hi there, I had so much fun with the Things with WIngs swap. I will be posting about mine tomorrow. I was waiting for Jen to get hers. She sent me an amazing box of goodies. I would also Love to join the Treasures of the Sea swap too. I will email you on flickr as well. Becs

Lynn Stevens said...

Talk about craming lots of things into a box, Wow can't believe all the goodies you put into your lucky winners box, how fun!
hugs Lynn

Sherry said...

Lucky, lucky Jeanie, I bet she was one very happy lady!

Thanks for visiting my blog JoAnne, your comment about Tim Holtz giving me commission did make me laugh - oh if only!! xx

Something Special said...

hi there, i would love to get in on your swap with a nautical theme, and I love matchbox swaps too! count me in, and what are the rules!

Ivy said...

oooo....love the matchbox you got from Lynne...so many goodies!! xo

Lorraine said...

Lucky Jeannie! Beautiful box and fab goodies!

Tammy said...

BEautiful comings and goings...
smiles...Tammy

Gaby Bee said...

The matchbox you got from Lynn is gorgeous...and such wonderful stuff!
You are one lucky gal!

Congrats to the winner as well!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for signing up to follow me.

Enjoy the day,
Gaby

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh what a fun swap! I'm participating in the spring petite inspiration swap, my first in a long while! I apologize JoAnn for not getting with you in February - I have not forgotten about you. It's been nonstop crazy around here. I have been finishing up some projects I started, though.

AJ Blanton said...

That is a wonderful box! I can't wait until I receive my boxes from my first swap. BTW, I tagged you in a post.

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Yes, I am a happy lady! And everything is just as wonderful as it looks!