Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yet Another Petite Inspiration Box Swap

Heather, of Speckled Egg, hosts these addictive Petite Inspiration Box Swaps. This is the third I've participated in. Each time there is a theme and what could be more fun than "Flea Market"!
These are the boxes I sent my swap partners, Rhea and Marian...I covered them in burlap and embellished with vintage seam binding and shabby flowers with vintage pearl centers....
and stuffed each one... with all the vintage flea market finds they would hold!
Stay tuned for my returns....

If anyone would like to give altering and swapping matchboxes a try, consider joining the Flickr Monthly Matchbox Swap Group.
I recently joined and they're a very friendly, welcoming group. A new theme is announced each month and trades are one on one.
Stop by and look around. Maybe I'll be swapping matchboxes with you next time around!

17 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Joanne let me know next time she has one I would love to take part and I love what you have done with the boxes and what inside ...Hugs wendy

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, what fab boxes filled with flea treasures you created, Joanne!!! Doncha just love Heather's swaps?!?!?! Im anxiously awaiting the next one, ROTFL!!

xxoo

Something Special said...

Hi JoAnne, I finally got involved in this petite box swap. I have mine already to send out too. I was so happy to get in on this one. I apologize for not emailing you with a tutorial. I want to still try to get that done. I was planning on a super tutorial, and I took many pictures, but after it was all done, I realized that I did not have a card in my camera!

Lesley said...

Very vintagy JoAnne, amazing what you can stuff into those little boxes. You did a fab job.
Thanks for the plug to the FlickR group as well. The more the merrier.
Les

Tina said...

Your boxes are awesome Joanne. I´m in the swap too. So much fun

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi JoAnne,
love your boxes - tres chic!
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

So pretty, wouldn't they make a lovely bridal gift. I enjoyed my visit today, have a wonderful day!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Your boxes are simply gorgeous. I love the delicate design and colors. Makes me think of spring.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love Heather's matchbox swaps. Yours are awesome. I didn't have enough time for this vintage one! Love all the goodies.
deb

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Whooo Joanne, they look vintage gorgeous!! Loving all those treasures too! Lucky Rhea and Marian!!
I've nearly finished my petite boxes, really enjoy Heather's fun petite swaps :)
Jan x

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Joanne, these are so precious. It's amazing how much beauty can fit on such a tiny box. I'm sure you're looking forward to yours.

Ivy said...

What a beautiful swap...so many pretties! xoxo

Lovey said...

Oh JoAnne these are great!

And...The book is ready for purchase! C'mon back by for the link and preview!! I sure hope you will..Smiles....Lovey

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Great boxes. Sounds like a fun swap! Will have to check it out.

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Hey!

Guess who won the Mystery Envelope Give-Away?!!

Sandy Ang said...

How great your altered boxes look. And the treasures inside. Your swap partners are so lucky !

Sherry said...

Your little boxes of treasures look fantastic - what a great swap! Hope you get something equally as beauitful in return.

I've signed up for the next matchbox swap - I love the theme!