Friday, August 20, 2010

One Man's Trash.......

I don't know about you but I love to see what people find at garage sales, flea markets, estate sales and the like. I enjoy the hunt and the thrill of discovering that perfect adored before treasure. I'm amazed when I see vintage rhinestone earrings marked 75 cents laying on a table at the end of the day. WHY WOULD YOU SELL THESE?!?! WHY DIDN'T THE 100 PEOPLE WHO CAME BEFORE ME SNATCH THEM UP?!?! I suppose it's a good thing that everyone in the world doesn't see the old rusted keyplate or damaged vintage doll as their next repurposed masterpiece.
If you want to join in the "I can't believe you found that, and for that price!" fun, check out Kecia's Flea Market Fridays. I linked up today to show my finds from this past week.
This $2 beaded chandelier adds a touch of funkiness to my already eclectic sunroom.

Vintage 50 cent salt and papper shakers are a nice addition to the kitchen.

Some nice pieces from the 3/$1 table.

Sweet vintage 50 cent babies.....

And twelve cards of yummy vintage lace for $1.
Happy Junkin'!

8 comments:

kecia deveney said...

that chandelier is really great and the price - you scored for sure!

thanks for playing,

kecia

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

LOL, I have the same thoughts running through my mind, now why didn't someone buy this, like all that bling I found a couple of weeks ago!?!?!

You came home with some definite treasures for sure!!!

xxoo

AlphaBetsy said...

Amazing finds!! I love that beaded chandelier!!

Lynn Stevens said...

I'd say you hit the garage sale jackpot. 3 for $1 ? are you kidding me? and all that lace, be still my heart!

Daniele said...

wow that lace looks delish what a great find
hugs

Mrs A. said...

Wow. you have got some really good finds there. I,m never so lucky.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what lovely treasures you found! My favorites are the pearls and lace trims! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

starrynightimpressions said...

Hi Joanne,
You visited my blog and entered my lavendar giveaway and guess what?
YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!
Congrats to you, and I love that you are all the way at the other end of the U.S!!! Soooo cool!
Someday I will visit your wonderful city but for now I'll just send a pkg. your way :)
Here's my email, 1starrydeborah@att.net, so you can send me your address.
blessings,
starrydeborah